The University Scholarship Scheme, a programme run by SPDC on behalf of the NNPC/Shell/Elf/Agip Joint Venture, makes a quiet but very profound commentary on the company’s interest in the promotion of capacity building in the country.
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the evergrowing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centres.
There are two categories of the Scholarship Scheme, the National Merit Award (NM), open to Nigerian undergraduates and Areas of Operation Merit Award (AOM), for students from communities in which Shell Nigeria operates. Only first year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
An average of 16,000 applicants respond to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
SHELL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP 2020: WHO CAN APPLY?
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian Federal or State University, accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
- Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
- Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
- Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Letter of Identification from State of Origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin; and
- Academic results for 100 level – for 2018/2019 academic session.
Interested persons must submit their applications on or before August 28, 2020.
Examination details will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only.
SNEPCo reserves the right for selection and shortlisting of candidates.
Things you should know
- Application for NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the NNPC/ SNEPCo National University Scholarship
- Please visit the SCHOLASTICA portal: https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo for detailed information on how to apply online
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- NNPC/SNEPCo does NOT assign representatives/agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
To apply, visit the SCHOLASTICA portal: https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
For enquiries: email@example.com